Senior Area Manager - Contracts & Purchasing Division
Central Europe, France, Iberia, Nordic Region & Switzerland.
In over five decades of business MIKI Travel has grown to become one of the most influential wholesale travel operators in the global market. With over 40 offices worldwide, we are proud to offer a vast portfolio of travel products covering 173 countries worldwide.
As a business to business travel provider, our product diversity ranges from vast numbers of individual tours to large group series as well as ad-hoc group tours, covering hotels, restaurants and coach services. We provide the highest quality of travel services aiming to innovate and inspire.
Our office in the City of London offers a multicultural environment and employs people with a diverse range of experience and skills.
About the Department
The Contracts and Purchasing team are responsible for sourcing the European hotel product for both its groups and individuals (FIT) leisure segments. This involves contracting and managing rates, availability and general terms and conditions with hotels.
To support the continued growth of our Hotel Contracts and Purchasing Division, an opportunity has arisen to join our London office as a Senior Area Manager, with experience in one or more of the following destinations: Central Europe, France, Iberia, Nordic Region, Switzerland
Manage and oversee a team of Hotel Contract Managers (both office and remotely based), responsible for sourcing European Hotel products for the Group and Individual segments (static and dynamic rate models).
The role will encompass leading a team plus managing own portfolio of key hotels.
- Support senior management in the setting of strategy, targets, work-flows and their efficient rollout, implementation and delivery in assigned area/s.
- Lead the planning, directing and overseeing the activities of the team
- Monitor the performance and results of assigned geographic area
- Ensure the timely delivery of all set targets.
- Resource planning and recruitment activities
- Oversee staff development through company’s appraisal system
- Manage team business travel activities within budget parameters provided
- Liaise with sales departments in our global markets to align purchasing activities/goals to their requirements
- Support divisional and company-wide projects on an ad-hoc basis
- Negotiate with suppliers, regularly monitoring competitiveness of deals secured, pursuing special offers and exclusive deals throughout the year
- Ensure all hotels are re-contracted within specific deadlines
- Address and resolve any standard/service level issues with suppliers
- Investigate and resolve internal issues (e.g. operational, accounting queries)
- Closely monitor sales within assigned area and work with all the relevant parties to stimulate growth of bookings, room nights and revenue
- Conduct required number of business trips to strengthen supplier relationships, negotiating best terms and conditions that match business requirements and comply with company policies
- Identify new product in line with market trends and to meet sales offices requirements
- Undertake ongoing analysis of product level and standard to maintain a consistent offering to our clients
- Comprehensive understanding of the internal systems and processes that support contract management.
Skills and Experience
Relevant Skills / Characteristics
- Proven experience in managing a team of hotel buyers including career mentorship
- Strong negotiation skills
- Commercial acumen
- Experience in hotel contracting in one or more of the following destinations: Central Europe, France, Iberia, Nordic Region, Switzerland
- Central Europe, France, Iberia, Nordic Region, Switzerland, France, Switzerland, Nordic Region and Central Europe.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Full UK driving licence
- Fluency in European languages and advantage
- Experience within the wholesale travel market
- Knowledge of Japan/Asia markets
Our key benefits include
- A friendly, multicultural working environment
- Riverside offices in the city of London with great transport links
- A range of competitive benefits including free access to the on-site gym and swimming pool