Ad Hoc Tours Assistant Manager
About the Company
In over five decades of business MIKI Travel have grown to become one of the most influential Travel Wholesalers in the global market. With over 40 offices worldwide, we are proud to offer a vast portfolio of travel products covering 173 countries worldwide.
As a Business to Business travel provider, our product diversity ranges from vast numbers of individual tours to large group series as well as ad-hoc group tours, covering hotels, restaurants and coaches. We provide the highest quality of travel services aiming to innovate and inspire.
Miki Travel are looking for people with a genuine interest in pursuing a career within the travel industry. Our office in the City of London offers a multicultural environment and employs people with a diverse range of experience and skills.
About the Department
The department oversees the confirmation of all tailor-made hotel group and high-profile bookings in Europe within deadline, as well as the smooth handling of all hotel-related matters for the duration of each trip.
About the Role
We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Manager to join our busy Ad Hoc Hotel Reservations team supporting our sales agents across Asia and to provide positive, solution-focused and flexible team leadership, while ensuring delivery of organisational objectives.
- Communicate effectively with the Asian offices, European offices and suppliers via different means (telephone, emails and internal computer system)
- Monitoring and ensuring reservations are confirmed efficiently and accurately within the given deadline
- Support the team during book outs and complaints processes and take over when necessary
- Ensure correct handling for VIP bookings
- Monitor and control staff performance to minimise errors creating potential loss
- Provide advice within the established guidelines
- Ensure policies are implemented and updated as necessary
- Training and mentoring team members
- Team leader providing support and motivation to the staff
- Identify and analyse areas of need and provide suitable solutions if possible
- Monitor daily work and assign support where necessary
- Maintaining computerised databases to ensure workflow is complete
- Data gathering and review
- Deputise for other managers when necessary
Skills and Experience
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Proven negotiating skills
- Demonstrable leadership and motivational skills
- Organise and able to prioritise workload
- Problem Solver
- Able to work under pressure
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the travel/tourism industry, of which of 2 years in a middle management role.
- Proficient in English equal to or higher than C1 Level.
- Understanding of the Travel Industry (preferably in a B2B environment)
- Proven experience of managing a team of 10 or more staff
- Fluency in a European language would be an advantage
- Ability to use judgement to ensure efficiency of processes
- Knowledge of both Group and FIT bookings
What we offer;
As well as offering a friendly, multicultural environment, our benefits include;
- Riverside offices in the City of London with great transport links
- Free Gym and Swimming Pool on site
- Digital GP service and free eye tests
- Pension, life assurance
- Paid day off on your birthday